Jill Dailey, CZT
For more information about Zentangle classes – email- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not an artist? No worries, if you can write your name with a pencil, you can learn the Zentangle® Method. Most important is a willingness to try! You may be surprised how fun it is and how quickly you could learn to draw beautiful pen and ink images using structured patterns.
The Basics: Zentangle® 101 (white 3.5 paper tiles, black ink)
Introduction to the Zentangle®Method
Zentangle is abstract, non representational, art created by drawing structured patterns called tangles. This art form can be very relaxing and so much fun to do, no experience necessary, just let your creativity flow! In this class, you will learn the basics of the art method and create your first paper tiles.
- Zentangle 102: (More advanced) Tangles for You
In this class, build on the basics (a previous Zentangle intro., class is a requirement.) Learn five fabulous tangles that can “morph” into star and shell-like abstract designs.
Other class options:
- Mini-books (they make great gifts and cards)
- 3Z and other bookmarks
- Journal covers
- Found Poetry
- Zentangle Inspired Art: Tangled lettering on white and black tiles
Zentangle Inspired Art Classes: Use tangle patterns to create art that may be abstract or representational and that may incorporate other mediums such as paints, colored inks and pencils.
Some current class options:
- Spring Zentangle Class: Garden inspired tangles
- Summer Zentangle Class: Ocean inspired tangles, seashells, spirals
- Fall Zentangle Class: Autumn leaf inspired tangles
- Winter Zentangle Class: Snowflake and Evergreen inspired tangles
Art Journal Classes
Class: Make a Mini Art Journal
Choose from a theme or journal prompt
Learn collage, basic hand lettering and background embellishment techniques
Incorporate tags, envelopes, paper bags, recyclables and found objects
- Class/Party/Workshop times: 1 ½- 2 hours (depending on type of class/party.)
- Art-starter supplies and kits provided.
- Additional Zentangle® Method supplies will be available for purchase, if you get excited and want to do more!
The Zentangle Method® was created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts. For more information check out Zentangle.com.