Welcome to Ink Paper Imagine, a blog that shares my interests in writing children’s books, storytelling and making art. I hope you will find some helpful tidbits here, and I wish you all the best on your creative journey. Jill
If you’re interested in more blog details, read on…
- As a children’s writer, I have a special interest in writing fairy tale re-tellings, or “re-imaginings,” as I like to call them. Some of my thoughts on fairy tale retellings and other writing related posts are linked under “Writing Figments/Storytelling” or “Am Writing.”
- I am a member of SCBWI. It is a great resource if you are interested in writing for children. (The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators: SCBWI.) This and other resources I have found helpful are linked under “Children’s Author Resources.” Also, I have hosted many school author visits (I won’t name names: nada:) but I will share some of my insights, “best of,” take-away tips and some of the resources I found helpful when creating a wonderful author event.
- I am a Library Media Specialist/Storyteller. (Any book related opinions that I share are my own.) Some of my latest reads are posted under “Top of the reading pile.”
- About Zentangle art…here is the official resource link for the Zentangle method created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts. FYI: “The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.” I enjoy this relaxing practice, have fun creating abstract art and am interested in becoming a CZT (Certified Zentangle Teacher:) My artsy explorations are posted under “Zentangle Method/Art.”
- Phew, that feels like a lot of information that I have “blog-piled,” but I like most of my stuff in one place. Thanks for taking the time to stop by the blog! Hope you are enjoying your creative adventures too:)